A landing page is an effective tool for increasing website traffic, improving SEO, and establishing a strong brand. Additionally, it may be used in a successful marketing plan to increase sales.
Customers are sent to a landing page when they are interested in a certain product, service, or offer and are encouraged to take action. Landing pages provide business owners the opportunity to improve conversions and grow their customer base.
However, not many people, particularly small business owners, are aware that they can manage how their local business appears across Google products such as Google Maps and Google Search via the use of the Google My Business tools.
Even if you don’t have a website for your business, you may link to a landing page from your Google My Business profile to drive more traffic to your site. If you run a local business and want a one-page website that you can administer directly from your Google My Business dashboard, Business.site is a simple website builder that you can use.
Google My Business
Google My Business is a free and easy service that allows businesses and organizations to administer their online presence throughout the Google network, which includes Search, Maps, and other Google products, as well as on third-party websites.
It is accessible to everyone, anywhere at any time. If you authenticate your business and update your business information, clients will have an easier time finding you which, in turn, will make it easier for you to tell them your story.
Benefits of Google My Business
- Users looking for services or products will find you on Google My Business, which you can also update over time. Searches on Google Maps or Search will provide information such as your operating hours, website, and business street address.
- You can read and react to customer feedback. Include photos of your work. Businesses with pictures in their Business Profiles receive more Google Maps directions requests and website visits than those without photos.
- Analyze data to learn how and where customers discover you. You can also see how often people call your business directly from the phone number shown in local search results in Search and Maps.
Google My Business Business.site Feature
Having a website is still a challenge for many small business owners. It can be too complicated, far too costly, and far too time-consuming. Given these, there are still thousands and thousands of small businesses operating without a website.
A free service from Google My Business, called Business.site, assists small business owners in creating a professional website for their company. It’s simple and you can do it from either a computer or a mobile device.
For a custom domain (like dotcom, dotbiz or dotnet), you must acquire one via Google domains; otherwise, you will be left with an unappealing URL like yourbusinessname.business.site, which is less memorable to users and has less ranking potential than a dotcom site.
The following are some of its key features:
- It is completely free to use.
- You get a unique domain name (at an additional cost).
- It is compatible with mobile devices.
- It is constantly updated.
- You can manage it from your mobile device.
- You can easily post advertisements on the site.
What to Include Business.site Landing Page?
Take a moment to evaluate what kind of layout would be most relevant to the visitors. Include a map to your business location as well as links to social media accounts when building a business landing page through Business.site.
It’s important to keep a handle of the business’ NAP (name, address, and phone number), but it’s also important to build a rich repository of content for Google to crawl and use to build a clear image of what the business does.
The answer is, “It depends.”
In the event that you are really strapped for time and need to put up a simple four- or five-page website on a more sophisticated platform, you may want to consider utilizing this tool.
At the absolute least, acquiring a custom domain rather than relying on the default URL is recommended in order to increase the likelihood of your campaign’s success.